Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Shopping alert!



As many an X-chromosomer will tell you, it's not spring break if you haven't gone shopping.

The Sanibel-Captiva area offers two good outlet malls, plus a new design center.

Shopping alert! Many of the stores at the Miramar Outlets off I-75 are having a sale! (O.K., yes, I stopped in.)

Across the street is the newly opened International Design Center. It's a handsome center for designer furniture and finished like stone and wood, though not radically different from what you'd find at the Design Center in Dania. About 40 showrooms are currently open; the stores on the first floor are open for perusal, and a designer is on hand to help with your decorating needs.

Closer to Sanibel is the Tanger Outlet Mall, a pretty village-like place. I resisted. I'll count on you to check it out and let me know how it is.

No comments: