Sunday, May 20, 2007

Petra: A world wonder?

Today I visited Petra, the 2000-year-old city cut into sandstone canyons and caves in Jordan. My Internet connection is limited, and I can't share much about it now...but I will tomorrow when I get a better connection.

Petra is one of 21 candidates in the running for the new seven wonders of the world. The Jordanian tourist ministry knows that getting named as one of the wonders could be a boost for business, and accordingly officials have set up computer terminals near the Petra site so visitors can go online and vote for Petra right on the spot.

Whether you choose Petra (it is one of my own choices) or not, check out the Seven New Wonders campaign.

Tomorrow I'm back to Israel. Check here for photos and more tales from trip.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bijoy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.